Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Show & Tell



The item I chose is an original German first aid hand bag kit. I chose this because back then it was necessary to have one around during World War II. With a lot of injured soldiers around I'm pretty sure nurses around needed certain things to stop certain wounds from bleeding like crazy. They also used things from this kit to keep certain cuts from getting serious infections. I thought this kit was cool because it already came with the tools included. This kit includes a lot of different tools. This kit comes with:
* Different size and types of individual dressing bandage packs
* Medical scissors for cutting clothes and shoes
* Packs of hygroscopic cotton marked 1941
* Folding knife with similar usage for the first cutting of the uniforms
* 4 different tourniquets for blood stopping
* A brass and glass German syringe
* 1 glass cup and 1 glass bottle for medicines
* Different Size and types of surgical needles
* Different types of sterile threads
* Thermometer
* 2 cotton triangles for tighten up
* Wooden medical splint which is used for fixing the broken legs of the soldiers
* 5 little ampules with ammonium hydrate, that is used to recover consciousness when breathing in by the nose
* A surgical razor
* Box of 12 hypodermic needles